Sunday, October 27, 2019

(Another) Book of Lists


LISTING – RECENTLY READ BOOKS

Ajit Chaudhuri – October 2019


I had, in August 2012, come out with a listing of the best books I have read; 42 in all, along with when I had read it and why I had liked it (for those interested, it is at http://theintelligentwomanstoyboy.blogspot.com/2012/08/book-of-lists.html). What have I read since, in the seven years that have passed? Well, I confess that the vicissitudes of life in the form of demands on my time from work, Netflix and football (not always in that order) have affected my reading habit, as has the rapidly diminishing pool of people whose recommendations I trust. And yet, I have managed to go through a few in the recent past. 

The good ones? Here goes (in alphabetic order)!


A Man Called Ove – Fredrik Backman – published in 2014

Birds Without Wings – Louis de Bernieres – published in 2004

Kafka on the Shore – Haruki Murakami – published in 2002

Pachinko – Min Jin Lee – published in 2017

Pax Feminica – Ajit Chaudhuri – published in 2018

The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and DisappearedJonas Jonasson – published in 2015

The Shadow of the Wind – Carlos Ruiz Zafon – published in 2001

Wonder – RJ Palacio – published in 2012

No comments: